Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Untitled

While I spent couple of weeks away from the office and the normal discussions on career, growth, strategy, etc. what I realized all this while is Education simply doesn’t mean knowing what you plan to learn but I think the major aspect of Education is what you choose to unlearn while striving to learn things. At least most of the things which I find are quite realistic, practical and easy to implement in my day to day life are the ones I never paid any fees for/or gotten  up early to attend lectures of.

Yes courses did channelize my thought process and they did sharpen my approach at micro level but at macro level it’s always things which I learnt while I was pursuing courses, job, socializing etc.. helped.

So I believe Learning and Unlearning both should be given due consideration while we define our growth.

 

No comments: