Yes we do think we don’t want to cry/crib about our problems all the time but unfortunately sometime here also we tend to give up for the veiled pleasures crying brings with itself. ‘Coz I’ll be using crying/cribbing a lot of times let’s give it a sexy name just to make the post little happening: P. Let’s call it Robbed (isn’t sexy though!)
Here are some immediate traits/symptoms of getting Robbed:-
1. Generally happen when there is sudden change in the assumed trail of events in your life and you lose control over things. There is a spurt of uncontrollable negative emotion inside (cheated/hurt/ agitated/anxious etc…)
2. The first question that props to your mind:”WHY ME?”
3. The second question “What wrong I ever did to anyone to get this?”
4. The third worry “How am I going to survive this?”
5. Fourth realization “How can I not see this coming?”
Now this Robbery brings with it:-
1. Immediate love and sympathy from the near and dear ones.
What it means: Some acceptance in your otherwise tormented life.
Expected Action Item from others- Nothing
2. An immediate/long release from your work.
What it means: Ah ha!
Expected Action Item from others - Nothing
3. Assuming you have at least one friend in your life you like to confide in, you get a little time with him/her (which might not be so easily available otherwise) where they are all yours.
What it means: A gaping attention and an authority to be judgmental from your otherwise greatest critic (yea honesty is what differentiates this special friend from others)
Expected Action Item from others- Nothing.
4. In case you are alone it gives you an opportunity to not be judgmental about everything off beam you tend to get involve in (smoking, overeating, creating a remorseful aura around, shouting etc...)
What it mean: There is just no nagging voice of conscience but self pity embracing your shattered ego. No shaking of comfort zone.
Expected Action Item from yourself: Nothing
5. Emotional turbulence
What it mean: Which is really sad but it’s just because you still have enough emotions alive and they really seek some acknowledgment in your otherwise fast and monotonous state of life. You just need to fasten your seat belt and stay upright (ok bad joke)
Expected Action Item: Patience till the turbulence lasts.
I might be wrong in the analogy I tried to draw here but replacing crying with robbery didn’t feel like a replacement really, instead it explained the similarity between the two just that the former deals with your material belongings and the latter to your emotions. Yes not every loss in life is this easy to take but if we don’t consciously nudge our control system (like we expect from police in case of robbery) we will just be making it more difficult and draining. Don’t just keep blaming the ill fate and the inappropriate lock (no action item involved) but try finding/going after the robber instead and beat the shit out of it.